I've been working on two blocks, for what seems like forever. Finally last night I got the last of the stitching done on them, and wanted to see what they would look like set in the fabric for corner blocks.
I was really happy with the way they turned out, there are 2 of the same design, stitched in opposite directions. I think the floral fabric blends well with the colours in the embroidery. I'm working on 4 smaller blocks at the moment, and then I have another 2 the same size as those above to stitch and one more really large block and then I think I'm done. I'm ready to have the embroidery finished and get it into a quilt so that it's ready for Spring/Summer.
I was looking at the patterns on AnnAKa the other day after seeing a few of them stitched up on both May Britt's and Sølvi's blog and just fell in love with them. The only problem is I don't read Norwegian so I emailed May Britt and she very kindly offered to send me a couple of the patterns to stitch. Thank you so much May Britt. I'm so looking forward to receiving them in the post and making a start on them.
So now that I've had a play with the Bronwyn Haye's blocks and I can get back to the border on the bag lady swap top. I managed to get one side of the pieced border on yesterday before the light faded and hope to get the rest of it done today so that I can post it back to it's owner.
Once I've completed the border on that one I want to get back to the machine quilting on the Quilt of Valor quilt. I have almost 2/3's of the quilting done and really want to get it finished and posted to a soldier.
Another stunning day today, 24c, it's so nice to have all the doors open and the fresh air flowing through the house. The dog's outside soaking up the sun and I'm starting to think about Spring planting.
Hope everyone enjoys their weekend and manages to get some stitching time in.
Thanks to those who stop by and leave a comment, it's always nice to read what others have to say and visit their blogs.