1. Cut 6 5 1/2 inch squares of fabric. I use the same fabric for the lining and the backing, and usually use one of the fabrics that I've chosen for the weave so that it all blends.
2. Cut 1 5 inch square of fusible batting.
3. Fuse the batting to the wrong side of your backing square.
4. Place your lining square on top of the batting lining up the raw edges.
5. With your 4 focus squares press them in half wrong sides together.
6. Place your first folded square on top of your lining, making sure that raw edges are even and that your folded edge is towards the centre of the square.
7. Place your next square on in the same way, raw edges together.
8. Place the 3rd folded square down.
9. Place your last folded square down and fold back the first piece and slip the last piece under it.
10. Pin all your pieces in place and stitch around the outside edge with a 1/4 inch seam.
These take about 5 minutes per coaster to make, very quick and easy.