Almost time to ring in the New Year, how quickly this year has gone by. How blessed I am to have met so many new quilters who share my love of fabric and needle and thread and am able to call so many of you friend. To each and every one of you, my hope for you is that 2008 will be a year filled with inspiration, creativity, sharing, family, love, laughter and the time to create what's in your heart. Thank you so much for joining me on this journey of blogging.
Well Kim put out the challenge a few days ago for us to list our quilting goals for 2008. After a lot of thinking and thumbing through books I've cut my list down to about 21 projects. So here it is, for all to see and for you to help me keep on track..haha... In no particular order.
1. Jenna's wedding quilt, start.
2. Hollie's graduation quilt, start.
3. Christmas applique wall hanging, in the works at the moment.
4. Pink and brown quilt, layer and quilt.
5. Pink and brown table topper, quilt - started.
6. Black hour a day quilt, finish and quilt.
7. Garden Patch quilt, fabrics purchased.
8. Angel table runners, fabric purchased.
9. Calico Kaleidoscope.
10. Shoofly Potpie.
11. Passing Fancy.
12. Picnic tote and quilt and accessories for Jenna's Christmas gift.
13. Aprons for Jenna for Christmas.
14. Aprons for Hollie.
15. Comfort and Joy x 2.
16. Sassy Sixteen, quilt.
17. Autumn wall hanging, fabrics purchased.
18. Heart appliqued lap quilt, finish piecing and quilt.
19. Winter Wonderland Embroidered quilt, finish the embroidery.
20. Folded Star place mats, finish them...
21. Ravishing Red quilt, layer and quilt.
Phew, that's a long list, many have been started and are in various stages of completion, and some are just beautiful patterns in books that I long to make.
Now Kim also wanted to know what ideas I'd come up with for Christmas gifts for next year. So far I've decided to use the pattern that she showed on her blog a few days before Christmas for a picnic tote and napkins. I think I'll also add a picnic quilt and perhaps some thermal food carriers. A couple of aprons and perhaps another version of the bow bag for dd Jenna. Think that load should keep her very happy.
I also have plans on making some table runners and perhaps some more scrapbook album covers.
That's it so far, but enough to keep me busy and out of mischief for quite a while.
Whatever plans you have for ringing in the New Year, enjoy and keep safe.