Saturday I received a lovely parcel from Australia, from Catherine for her Australia Day drawing. A lovely pattern for a quilter's retreat tote, 4 packets of Eucalyptus drops and a packet of Milk Bottle's (not photographed, already eaten), along with a lovely card with a Koala on the front. Thank you Katherine, I'm looking forward to having the time to put the bag together.
Friday I decided it was time to get the nine patches made for the swap I'm doing with Bren and get them into the post.
While I was in the sewing room on Saturday I was fiddling around with the embroidery blocks and the setting blocks, working out a layout. I have it in my mind, boy that's scary, I hope it stays there, otherwise I'm in trouble.
I also managed to get these trimmed down to size and started a few more.
Writing the pattern is going to be my biggest challenge, as I can be somewhat wordy at times, so I'm getting Bren to proof read it for me once it's done, and double check my math to make sure there won't be any boo boo's.
Libby has put out a challenge to show our ironing board covers after she read a blog where the writer apologised for her ugly one. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was this post. So here it is in all it's ugly glory.Lovely ugly green patch sewn on to one end. I never buy ironing board covers, but choose to make my own out of what ever's on hand at the time. Even if they do need the odd patch attached they still last a lot longer than the store bought ones.
Spent yesterday afternoon in my sewing room ironing and folding fabric and cleaning, what a mess it was. Now at least I can see my cutting table and machine table and there's actually a floor in there.
Now it's time to mess it up a little, I think I'll have a play with some of the Civil War Blocks, and thank you to all the lovely ladies who pointed me in the right direction, regarding these blocks.
Happy Stitching, and thanks for stopping by and visiting with me.