I phoned him yesterday, as offically it was the 14th in Australia yesterday while he was at work to wish him a happy birthday. No one at work knew about it, I suggest sending out a bulk email to all his work collegues, not a good idea mum. Well how about if I sing happy birthday loud enough for everyone to hear. He didn't think that was a good idea either.lol...kids.
I spent most of yesterday cutting fabric for the block swap that Bren and I are doing, and today I'll be getting the fabrics cut for the Urban Indigo quilt, ready to take with me tomorrow to the retreat.
Ruth suggested I take along a pavlova to the retreat for the pot luck, but I think I'd have trouble getting it out of the house, so instead I think I'll get out the trusty crockpot and whip something up that dh won't sulk over....
Both Tammy and Ruth Ann and a few others that I can't remember just at the moment have tagged me for 7 randon or weird things. As this has already done the rounds I won't post the rules or tag any of you, but I'll try and come up with seven things you don't already know.
1. When I was little we lived in a rural coastal area, the beach was five minutes walk from home and we had paddocks at the back of our property that had cows and horses grazing.
2. My brother and I used to go sailing in the summer with our dad, he used to build yachts as a hobby.
3. My father was a builder and he built the home by the beach . In the process of building that house I knocked down a stud and it fell on my foot and broke my big toe. I ended up with my leg in plaster up to my thigh.
4. Not long after that accident we went on our family holiday to Rotarura, famous for it's hot springs and bubbling mud. Guess who had to sit out of the pools....
5. Once I finished high school I worked as a nurses aid at a local private hospital, that's where I met the father of all my children, caring for his mother.
6. I then put myself through business college.
7. I made my first quilt when I was pregnant with Luke 30 years ago.
Happy Stitching, and thank you for all your encouragment on the quilt pattern venture. I've added a little poll at the top of the page.