I'll be closing the swap on Sunday evening as we are up to 54 swappers already. There are a number of new to me bloggers who have signed up for this swap. Check the side bar and pay them a visit. One lady started a blog so that she could join in on the swap. I'll take some time over the next few days and visit those of you who are new to me. Please also check the side bar to make sure your name is there for the swap. If you don't see your name please send me an email and let me know.
Many have said they have the perfect pattern that they want to use, and others have said they have the perfect fabrics. Please don't start stitching until you have received your partners details. This makes it so much easier for me to match you up with someone, if I'm not trying to match two different swappers with different fabric/colour preferences.
I know there are a number who haven't ventured into bag making before. There are so many different patterns and styles to choose from. My suggestion for those of you who haven't done much bag making, would be to choose a fairly simple pattern and jazz it up with either applique, embroidery or embellishments. The pattern itself doesn't need to be complicated. If anyone needs help please don't hesitate to ask, there are so many experienced stitcher's amongst us, I'm sure someone will have an answer for you.
As there are so many of you I've set up a spread sheet....lol... Yes I know... My husband would tell you I'm the organisation queen (I try real hard to organise him as well). Just a couple of things to remember.
1. Please keep your partners details somewhere safe.
2. When you are ready to mail your parcel to your partner, please send me an email so I can let them know to expect their parcel.
3. When you mail your parcel, remember to include in your parcel, your name, email address and blog address.
4. When you receive an email from me letting you know your parcel is on the way, PLEASE reply.
5. Once you have received your parcel please let me know by email so I can mark it off the list as being received.
6. THE most important, please use your manners and send a private email to your partner thanking them for their time and talents. Leaving a general thank you on your blog or theirs just doesn't cut it.
Again I will try and match you up so that you are mailing to an overseas destination, and for those of you who were in the pincushion swap, I'll do my best to give you each a different partner.