Thank you to the ladies who have let me know about receiving your partners details. I am still waiting to hear from, listed below. If I haven't heard from you by Sunday I will assume that you are no longer interested in the swap and remove your name from the list of swappers, (which is something I don't want to do).
Now to the title of the post.
Just some basics for you as a swapper. Some of you may not be aware of the amount of work involved in coordinating a swap, no matter what size it is. It takes many hours away from our quilting and stitching, pairing up partners, sending out partner details, and keeping track of who's received emails etc, along with the mailing of parcels etc, etc. Swaps are organised to be a fun and joyful experience.
1. One of the priorities as a swapper is to respond to any emails sent out in a timely manner so that things stay on track and your hostess doesn't spend the majority of her day at the computer.
2. If for any reason you find you are no longer able to swap, it's important that you let your swap hostess know so that she can make other arrangements for your partner. Please never just say nothing because of embarrassment as these situations can easily be sorted out. It's much better to let your hostess know that you are no longer able to swap rather than be known as a swapper who doesn't come through.
3. Always send a private thank you to your partner for the parcel you have received, whether or not the item is to your liking. Your partner has taken the time and the expense to prepare a parcel for you that she hopes will be to your liking.
4. If you have problems with your partner, don't publicise it on your blog, go to your hostess and try and sort it out. There's nothing worse than having to go back and eat crow.
5. Keep your swap partners details somewhere where you can find them, this saves your hostess many hours of finding the information and resending it to you.
6. Choose and send item that you know that you would be happy to receive.
7. If you join a swap and it's your first time as a swapper choose something that is within your ability to create.
This post is in no way meant to offend anyone, but I felt the need to lay out just a few of the things involved with swapping.